Friday, November 10, 2006

Reflections

After 2 months in NTU (feels like a whole year)... It's now time to look back on the sights and sounds from when i first arrived.

I felt damn lucky when I was admitted into NTU Bioengineering, apparently the hardest course and the hardest course to get into here. I felt luckier when I was allocated Hall 16, the newest hall with the best facilities, including air-conditioning.

I tried damn hard to catch up on the overwhelming amount of work that keeps piling up day by day, haha. But still damn blur in engineering maths, reason being after 5 hours we finish a whole big topic and move on to the next while I'm still stuck at page one.

I'm a person very easily attached to something. Hence it's nothing new that I was damn homesick the first few days I was here, thank goodness kang is here in Singapore too, its like one familiar face amidst unfamiliar faces. Thank goodness for my cousin being here too, haha. Finally in the same country as him :) For the first few weeks I followed Wee Chiew, Kenneth and Jun Hui around NTU as they helped me with my sense of direction ( NTU all looks the same ) and Kenneth lent me his JC notes on maths and Jun Hui showed me how to use the cashcard in the library.

As much as they are very nice helpful people...I can't really click with them. Maybe cos their thinking is very different from mine, probably what I would think when i was 15. Hence I tried mingling with the other cliques in my class ( around 75 ppl ). I found communication with the indian gang interesting, the 4 gals are very nice frenly ppl. However, I was like popping into a clique, haha. I mixed around with Zhi Theng, a gal from Chung Hwa KL but oh well she also has her own gang outside the class :) Luckily I have Pui Ee here, my makan buddy and someone to talk to and roll eyes with.

It's no wonder that I miss my taylors and high school friends so much :) You guys are the best haha. I would like to thank the gang especially for being who they are, I learnt so much from u guys and I am who I am thanks to all of you haha. If it weren't for you guys I think I'd probably be like most of the singaporeans here.

Food here is generally not bad, suits my taste :) However there are so many more msian food that's better :) So I can't wait to go back again. Haha.

The workload here is...crazy. Seriously crazy. Bio maths phy and chem, its damn lucky i was able to drop econs. I'm adi very super blur in maths haha. Just hoping to pass the paper so that I can transfer to NUS. And yea, Bioengineering, however prestigious that it is, is not what I ultimately am interested in. All the electronics and laplace and vectors in 3d and electronics and electronics and whatnot. Urgh. I cannot picture myself doing that for the rest of my life.

I like biomedical science. Graduate Med skul after that? We'll see how things goes from here.

Love Kang very muchie :) Thank goodness you're here :)

Missing the gang haha. I realised that day if it weren't for ying, I wouldn't noe all of you haha. Ying, thank goodness for you =p ( Do I hear some ppl going "Damn. Life would have been so much better" =p =p =p hahahha kidding =p )

Love each and every one of you =p Take care everyone! Especially Jia Xin, cos your course is soo hectic.

No comments: