Sunday, March 13, 2005

Friggin Stingy Taylors Scholarship.

I feel so cheated. When i first heard that i scored 11A1s for my spm and a B3 for chinese, i was elated.Ecstatic. I never expected gettin A1s for my bm and i knew i screwed up my bio. So i was soo happy.

I went to chs. And Pn. Lim announced the results. starting from 14As, then 13As, then 12As.by that time, me, with only 11as, felt rather out of place. Coz everyone around me was scoring straight As. I didnt. But it was so great, seeing everyone smiling all around =) Congrats for those who scored real well =) Hard work paid off in d end.

Then Lim yk went around, sayin those with 12As and above, all with straight As, go to tapak and take photo. Well. Im not qualified again. But wat kept me happy was the tot that i got 11A1s. I qualify for the Taylors full scholarship. 21k. 21k for uni.And that was wat i wanted. Wat i was aiming for. I dun want a car for my results. I want the full scholarship. So i was happy. went mv and watched a really lovely movie robots and d day was lovely.

Next morn.Go skul. Then natalie comes to skul and tells us that for 1119, the A1 is NOT included. So. No full scholarship. I chose not to believe her. But i cud feel my heart sink. I went to CAL office to get the form. They asked me my results before givin me d form. I sed 11A1s, 1b3. so they gave me d form. then d indian fellar, he asked me whether my 11A1s included 1119 or not.i went..er..yea... then he like damn hapy lidet..say oh...1119 is NOT included, its all stated in d terms and conditions, go home and read it. His words were like slashes across my heart. Across my hopes. Shit. I was friggin mad. For the whole day..the truth slowly sank in. I cudnt pay attn to the lessons. i was very mad. And disappointed. It was like. For the past 2 yrs, i worked realy darmn hard, and well, the results were good at d end, but it din qualify for anything. It wasnt recognized.

I tot of transferrin to help. where 10A1s, without 1119, qualifies me for d full scholarship. For the whole day, i was thinkin bout it. Today i went to d mv edu fair. Met a real nice lady from help. A levels admin lah. told her my situation..and she gave me her honest opinion. which is really nice of her seeing dat she works for help.=) so...to hell with taylors for conning ppl bout d darn scholarship lar...i'll stay in taylors. Coz of d cambridge A. coz of my chem and maths and bio teacher. Esp chem. i like my chem teacher.And my classmates. And jia Xin. and harold and co. So FINE LAR TAYLORS even tho ur so connin ppl bout their money and being so darn unfair to ppl like me. ppl who took the core subjects. Only core subjects. and will never get to qualify for d friggin scholarship coz i didnt take SAINS TERAS for art classes dammit. Heh.

So yea. Will stay in taylors. And for my spm results...i dun see it as a big deal. I'll go and try JPA. see whether its recognized.

2 comments:

Chiox said...

don worry too much liah...i wuz freakin happy thinkin that i got full, but found out that 1119 not counted. Thank God they count EST. BAH! niwayz, it's hard to accept the fact, but life still goes on.

Unknown said...

Well, what can I say? Screw those Taylor admins. I’m surprised you can’t get any discount on tuition fees with 10A1s. Yea, maybe it need some more time for your hard earned A1s to work its magic. Btw, congratulation again on getting that good result. I salute you for getting A1 in EST, cuz it seem almost impossible for most of my classmates to get that, and you insisted on taking BC.