Sunday, March 16, 2008

Relaxing Weekend

Ever since coming to Singapore to study, one thing i've learnt is to appreciate my dearest family more and that home is always where the heart is.(I know that when i'm in singapore I tend to get overstressed about work and start to neglect a certain someone sometimes, but hehe thanks for putting up with me, it is really a stressful place. ;p )

Some people go abroad, start partying and start to forget their roots, of who they really are...well I guess it is all due to the upbringing and how close you are to your family and relatives and how susceptible you are to change. Change, of course, may be good, as long as deep down you still remember who you are, who brought you up, and who and what made you who are now.

Finished about 5 or 6 tests in the past 2 weeks, next test will be on the 25th of March. Everyone's being a nerd and have already started studying for the test, which brings about 40% of the final grade, whereas i'm still bumming around :) After a hectic 6 hour lecture on Friday, went out to Vivocity for some yummy pan mee which I have been craving for quite a long time. :) Kang dear added some prawns in too, which I like :D Ate some gelato after that from Bravissismo yums.

Saturday was spent introducing Kang to sarawak noodles, something that I've grown up with :) You know I don't get why west malaysians always think that east malaysia is more run down and that ppl there are really backwards and still live on trees, well, ppl there are much more advanced if not the same, the air is fresher, the environment better, the people so much nicer, and the place is very cosy too. Heh. Even the food there is better. The sarawak noodles found here in Singapore is quite good, but of course nothing beats the original one in sarawak. Hah. We then went of to suntec city, where carrefour was having this hyper sale. Found a really good bargain - bill bryson a short history of the world, Illustrated for only $10. What a steal. :D

Went out for dinner again at night @ Sakae Sushi @ Vivocity ;p Saturday was really a going out day, havent done that in ages. :) In my opinion sakae sushi is still way better than sushi tei, we went to try sushi tei that day and it sucks. Yucks. Smaller portions and seriously not nice at all! The ramen was so salty and the noodles were so plasticky. And the price was so pricey. Only for rich people who have nth better to eat. Bleh. You may disagree but that's my opinion, hah.

Got my yummy soya bean plus barley (good combination) from jollibean before heading back, kang showed me this one video - the last lecture by a carnegie mellon professor whereby he has terminal cancer and yea..but he's really optimistic about the whole situation, altho it really stinks cos he still has 3 small kids to look after. Follow your childhood dreams. I can't really rmb what I really wanted to be, was always alternating mostly around doctor, teacher, astronaut. Haha. Where will this degree take me.

But now I don't feel like becoming a doctor anymore, even though I probably will love the course and everything. I just don't feel like spending another 10 years studying and having tests. dum de da da. I'm so lazy. stress and tests have drown out some of the passionate feelings I had for this subject. Boo. Horrible place.

I'm becoming such a complainer. ;p

Must be more optimistic..going home soon yay :) Happiest place on Earth :)

No comments: