Saturday, March 29, 2008

Chipped tooth..fixed :D

Today was supposed to be my The X-Race event.

But then my tooth filling came off and exposed my nerve, so I chose to be selfish and lazy and went to the dentist instead cos the dental clinics here are only open from 9-1pm on Saturdays and closed on Sundays.

No qualms about it tho :D Cos I've really been doing everything for this event, be it fundraising, planning etc and it's really time for someone other than me to start doing the things. After all, I am the project ADVISOR and am supposed to be ADVISING, not DIRECTING (hint project director) :D

However, credit must also be given to the project director for making this event a success! :D (although only 4 teams came and everyone went back home with free cash in their pockets)

Let's sidetrack to my dental visit first.

Called the NTUC Denticare call centre at 8.45am in the morning, and she said there was a appointment available for the 11am time slot. Hrm but no harm walking in and see whether there will be any vacancies. So okay with the company of Kang dear (who painstakingly woke up at 8am for me when he usually sleeps till mid noon, so touching..hm. okay very touching hehe thank you hugs hugs ;p ) we went off to clementi, took about 20 minutes to find the place ( I usually have very good sense of direction..maybe not with a bad tooth :P), went in and was told that someone booked the 11am timeslot yesterday but they forgot to key it into the database.

Hm. But oh well since it's singapore i was sure that they wouldnt turn me away, since the call centre made a mistake and not me, so we just sat down and waited. Watched an episode of doraemon :D :D :D on the TV and fin reading the new straits times before I got called in at around 10.45am. Eep I do not like dental checkups :(

I had cleaning and polishing done..I really disliked the sharp device poking around at my gums :( Then had an x-ray taken to see whether my exposed nerve had been damaged..luckily the x-ray din show any nerve damage but the dentist says that sometimes preliminary infection will not show up on x-ray, so if in the next 2 months i get some toothache I'll have to go back for treatment (Oh man I wish I never went bike racing on that day boohoo) So lets hope my nerve is well and okay. :)

The really professional dentist fixed up my tooth with super advanced tools like blue laser in like 5 minutes. The whole thing cost me $97..which is quite okay I guess :)

Went back to NUS to find everyone waiting for me, the VVIP to give out the cash prizes. Gave out the money that me and my subcom very very painstakingly raised thru fundraising, took some pictures, and yay all went home after that :D

Went for lunch @ dianxiaoer and Dinner @ soup restaurant. Yums. Phoebe is a happie girl when her stomach is full :D

Burps :D

No comments: