Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2007. New start, New course, New University.

*rewinds clock to 16 days ago*

HAPPY 2007!!!!

*Fireworks burst non stop in the night sky*

okay that was lame =p

The first major change for the year 2007 was the change of university and course.

Old: NTU, Bioengineering
New: NUS, Life Science, tentatively Concentration in biomedical science and (?) cell and molecular biology

Yep. I decided that I wasn't the type who loves numbers and can do crazy calculations in my head and stun everyone with immediate answers together with solved complicated equations :D

What's different in NUS: The lecturers and the people. Back in NTU, you get mostly china lecturers who cant reli lecture cos their language is well, not good at all to be frank. Sometimes you even wonder whether they know what they're lecturing. Here at NUS, you get wonderful professors. :D Even those from china are good at what they are teaching, and they are understandable in terms of accent and language. (Hooray!)And back in NTU, you hear singlish and indonesian language everywhere you go. Here, you still get that singlish but not in that overwhelming sense, if you catch my drift. They are LOTS of exchange students here ( a lot of hot ones too XD ) and..campus life is more vibrant here. Definitely.

Oh, and I must eat less and exercise more boohoo. Buses are here to make ure life easy so you dun have to climb slopes and stairs like when I was in NTU.

Food stalls: More good food!! :D Tho I miss the desserts stall in NTU tee hee. The dessert stall here's quite good, but the taste a bit different.

Workload: Ahahahahah. NO MORE ENGINEERING MATHS. *sniggers.

Practicals: SOooo much more interesting. Last thursday i went to the dissection hall and saw and touched cadavers(dead ppl). The medic students peeled off their skins and reli dissected them so you can see all the inner organs. The formalin smell was a bit too much for my nose...and my appetite wavered a bit, but all in all, it was fine.

Room: Hrm. My NTU room was brand spanking new..so its like bit downgraded. But upgraded to a single room instead of a double room. After cleaning up and putting in some design to my room, I love it! :)

Proximity to city: NUS is so much closer to the city! :) Instead of a 1 hour and half journey..It's only around 40 min!


Time to go for class. Toodles.

No comments: