Thursday, December 14, 2006

Terrapins aka green turtles concerns

It has come to my notice that more and more pet shops are selling baby green turtles. However, if you look around for proper nutrition for these cute animals, you don't see much being sold at pet shops that are specially formulated for baby terrapins.

I need sulfa blocks. But I can't get them here. I have to be in the States to save my terrapins from a slight fungus problem. Does it mean that all the green turtles here are supposedly fated to be treated less luxuriously compared to the terrapins being reared in the states?

For those who, like me, love your baby green turtles or terrapins, here's a good health sheet i dug out over the net. If i had this health sheet with me since 10 years ago, I would have saved lots of terrapins' lives and not watch them die helplessly.

http://www.fishpondinfo.com/turtles/turhealth.htm#shell

Furthermore, look at the vets here. All they care about is Dogs and Cats. What bout the other pets?! the last time i brought a baby terrapin to see a vet, she gave it an injection at the back leg and then it died cos of pain. Excuse me, ure a vet, ure supposed to know what to do, what dosage to give to make the pet HEAL. not to send it to terrapin heaven.

And if you read that health sheet, ure supposed to give a vitamin injection 10 days consecutively at the FRONT leg.

Those in charge of pet shops should import in more vital health stuff for terrapins since u can find them being sold everywhere now.

I need sulfa blocks, as shown here *click* http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=6410&N=2006+113626

No comments: