Sunday, October 18, 2009

I think that somehow in the pursue of $$ and all things materialistic I've lost my sight on one super important thing that I've stressed again and again that nothing is more important than this:

Family. And Love.

Okay, that's 2 things. But yea, how much money can you fork out to buy love? or family? None, baby. None. Even if you had zillions you still cant buy a family, or love, and i mean real love, not fake gold-digger love which is so commonly found nowadays.

Now to steer myself back and remind myself constantly. Whenever you think of $$ this place seems like wow so nice but if you look at family and love this place is EMPTY. there's nothing there. It's empty. ( The click five-empty lyrics comes to mind)

When i balik rumah on certain weekends i see a dad who works in sg and goes back every weekend and his small kids (3 of them, 2 small boys like 4 5 yrs old)will always cry and tell their daddy all they want is him to not go and leave them. But duty calls and he still leaves for work anyway.

And if you think about it, would you make such a sacrifice? Your kids now are still young they will miss you and pine for you but when they are teenagers/all grown up you didnt spend much time at all you're just the fella who came on weekends ate some meals say be good and go back. Which sounds like somebody I know...

There wont be a bond. Would you sacrifice that for money? That bond that is so priceless it comes once in a lifetime and if you dont cherish it well its hard for you to get it back I can tell you that.

Would you?

No comments: